Not So Fast

My family and I enjoy road trips; as a matter of fact, we enjoyed another one this past weekend. We had a wonderful time; much better than we had planned with more than one surprise to spice things up. The first surprise appeared when the fellow across the desk told us that they were out of minivans despite our having made our reservation weeks prior. So we ended up with a fullsize gashog of a van.
By the time we started loading up, we were already 2 hours late. By the time my wife was satisifed with the state of the luggage and the house locks and the aquarium and the steam iron and the stove, we were 3 hours late.
Personally, I know that I could have gotten myself on the road right on time or even a head of time. During my loner days, I was always proud of beating the clock. But now that I am a husband and a father I realize that...

"If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008| renaissance man